Level 1 Sewing Class: No prior sewing experience needed.
Learn to sew this Waxed Canvas + Leather Tote Bag in this 3 hour sewing workshop. Not only will you go home with a tote that you made start-to-finish with your own two hands, you will also learn indispensable bag sewing techniques for handling heavy-weight fabric on a home sewing machine. You will also learn how to attach leather handles with quick-set brads.
If there’s one bag you’ll want to use, it’s this stylish + rugged versatile take on the classic tote. Need an everyday bag with the capacity to carry your essentials plus more around town? Or a rugged tote built to withstand being loaded down with a laptop & school books? Whatever you need, to carry, this tote is a versatile and essential accessory for any lifestyle. Your tote will be made rugged waxed canvas and leather handles with metal brads.
- Sewing with heavyweight fabrics such as 8.25 oz waxed canvas
- Sewing an envelope base
- How to thread a sewing machine properly & trouble-shooting
- Metal hardware attachment
- Sewing through multiple layers of thick fabric
- Attaching a base layer for reinforcement
- Bag construction
Class Fee: $95