This intro to Shibori dyeing workshop is designed to make learning how to dye your own fabric fun & easy! Shibori is a Japanese technique of binding, stitching, and clamping fabric to create pattern when indigo dye is applied. No experience is necessary, just come ready to learn and get your hands dirty (or blue)! Join Ellie in this hands-on class where you will learn the basics of this unique method of dyeing fabric.
You will walk out with a new empowering skill and your dyed fabrics that can be used as tea towels or made into pockets for a tote bag or throw pillow.
- How to make a dye bath
- Shibori resist techniques to create unique patterns with this or any other dye
- Overview of dyeable fabrics
- Examples of sewing applications for your dyed fabrics
- 2 100% cotton four sack tea towels (Dimensions: 28" x 28")
- A set of 4 cotton napkins
- 1 yd of 100% cotton fabric
- Fee free to bring 1 article made of 100% natural fibers to add to dye bath (Please do not bring sheets, duvet covers, and yardage exceeding 2 yards)
- Additional tea towels & napkins will be available during class for purchase
Workshop Fee: $70 + $20 Materials