This bag is a lightweight versatile carry-all that's perfect for cycling around town, grocery runs, school books, or to hold your gear when you head out of town on epic natural adventures. Designed to feel light on your back when it's not loaded down, but still have exceptional carrying capacity, this bag is by far our favorite everyday bag.
- Rugged denim material with water-resistant coating
- Hand lettered messages & hand numbered by Dustin Klein
- "Scallop Motion" textile print on pockets designed by Dustin Klein
- Dimensions: 17" H x 12" W x 6" D & top dimension extends to 20" H
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Back inside pocket with velcro closure for laptop, ipad, or papers
- 3 external pockets fit waterbottles and small accessories
- 3 internal pockets great for organizing and keeping track of small things in your bag
- Reinforced base layer
- Side compression straps for cinching bag down when not full
- Padded shoulder straps with sternum cross strap
- Back of bag padded for comfort and for added laptop protection
- Designed and hand crafted at The Klum House in PDX by Ellie & Dustin
- Limited run of 8 bags
A Little History of This Bag
Ellie has been making bags for 17 years through her company RE Load Bags. This bag is actually a discontinued RE Load design reimagined. Over the years bag designs have come-and-go, but this bags has remained constant as our favorite everyday bag. That is why we are stoked to offer the Denim Backpack in a limited run of 8 bags to you.
On Limited Runs
All of our product runs tend to be extremely limited, because they are constrained by our access to materials. In the case of this bag, we found some amazing water resistant denim fabric-- but only 10 yds of it. On top of that, Ellie's past apprentice, Mari Montacelli, who is a silkscreener extraordinaire, was able to print a couple yards of Dustin's Scallop Motion design on some heavy-weight denim for us before she reclaimed the screen. We were only able to get 8 pockets out of this hand-printed denim, so hence, a limited run of 8 backpacks was possible. We hope you enjoy these bags as much as we do.