Create beautifully designed handcrafted goods with "I made this!" bragging rights.
All Klum House bags are designed by our founder and head educator Ellie Lum, a bag maker & teacher with over 20 years experience making sewing accessible for stitchers of all levels. Each bag is uniquely designed to help you build sewing skills while also making a beautiful and functional product. All designs are available as a class, pattern, and maker kit.
• Leave with a finished product
• Passionate & skilled teachers
• Beverages & snacks provided
• Welcoming & inspiring environment
• Small class size (6 - 12 max)
• All levels offered
• Maker Kits & Patterns included in price
• All tools & materials provided
• Discount on maker kits on day of class
Our patterns are enjoyable for beginners as well as seasoned stitchers looking to gain new bag-making skills, like installing hardware, creating pockets, and sewing heavy-weight fabrics on a home machine.
As makers ourselves, we know how important it is to work from crystal clear instructions and illustrations.
Full Kit -
Includes everything to make your bag cut, prepped, and ready to sew:
• Waxed canvas
• Digital PDF instructions & pattern
Finishing Kit -
Use your own fabric and we'll provide the rest! Includes all trims & notions:
• Leather straps (cut & hole punched)
• Hardware (labeled for correct installation)
• Zipper (when applicable)
• Pattern not included