Level 1-2 Sewing Class: No prior sewing experience needed, but some is recommended.
Learn various leather-working techniques in this dynamic leather workshop. In this 4.5-hour class, students will complete three different leather projects: A personalized leather key chain, a glasses case, and a wallet. We will be hand sewing + machine sewing leather, leather stamping, and using the industrial snap press. Leave class empowered to tackle your own leather goods projects.
- Complete a leather wallet using a sewing machine and hand sewing with waxed thread
- Complete a small leather snap pouch (great for credit cards or business cards) using a sewing machine and industrial snap press
- Make a leather key chain holder with stamped initials using the industrial snap press.
- Sewing leather on a sewing machine
- Hand sewing leather with a saddle stitch + wax thread
- Using an awl on leather
- Leather stamping
- Adding snaps to leather with an industrial snap press
We're excited to be hosting this workshop at the new Sew-Op in North Portland!
The Sew-Op is an industrial sewing workshop built to foster the artists of Portland. We offer the opportunity to continue Portland’s longstanding DIY tradition, and invite you to join our community with the tools and support you need to get your projects out of the notebook and on display.
Receive a FREE Drop-In Pass when you register for LEATHER GOODS WORKSHOP- A $30 value.
Class Fee: $85 + $50 (Materials + Project Kit) = $135 total