Industrial Sewing 101: Newell Leather Wallet
3 - 6pm
Level 1 Sewing Class: No prior sewing experience needed
In this 3 hour class, students will complete a leather wallet while learning how to use an industrial walking-foot sewing machine to sew leather. We will be sewing leather, stamping, branding, and using the industrial snap press. Leave class with a handout listing all the tools you need to do your own leather projects at home, as well as a pattern for the wallet you make in class.
Newell Leather Wallet: Complete a vegetable tanned leather wallet with 3 card slots and cash pocket on the industrial walking-foot sewing machine. Attach a snap with the industrial snap press. Add an optional logo brand and/or stamped initials.
- How to operate and thread an industrial walking-foot sewing machine
- How to use an industrial snap press to add line 24 snaps to your projects
- Leather stamping
- How to use a leather brand (Klum House Logo)
- Step-by-step process of constructing a leather wallet
Maker Kits & Materials
- Included in price of class
- Includes Newell Leather Wallet Maker Kit
- Includes preparing (cutting & marking) all leather needed for the project in class
- Includes handout with patterns + instructions
Make your own travel gear & create an easy-sew boxy zipper pouch!
In this 3-hour, beginner-friendly sewing workshop. You'll learn to sew a waxed canvas + leather Wildwood Dopp kit, the perfect travel companion to carry all of your personal items. This zippered pouch is durable, water resistant, and spacious enough to carry all of your essentials. You'll leave with a handsome finished bag, ready to continue your travels in style. And the best part is, you made it from start to finish with your own two hands!
- How to sew a zipper
- How to create a boxy pouch
- How to insert a liner
- How set metal rivets
- Working with waxed canvas
- Custom design by you!
- 2 outside pockets & 1 inside pocket
- 10 oz waxed canvas exterior
- Light or dark yarn dyed linen liner
- Real leather details
- Customize leather stamping with initials
- Brass zipper & leather pull
- 14" H x 13" L x 4" D
Maker Kits & Materials
A Wildwood Maker Kit is included in the price of class & has everything you need to make your beautiful pouch!
Choose from Black, Gray, Burgundy, Olive, Navy, Slate Blue, and Field Tan.
You will have a chance to make fabric selections after you add the class to your cart. Leather & hardware choices will be made during class.
Lucky you! Students get wholesale pricing on extra kits purchased in class- only $35! Continue building your skills by making another tote for a friend, because you know they'll want one;) Discount code given in class.
*Note: The allure of waxed canvas is it's ability to show wear. With more use, more creases appear in the canvas & blend.