The Wiksten Kimono Jacket
"It's fully lined so that all the seams are beautifully hidden while giving it the feeling of a lightweight blanket without batting. The construction of the jacket makes it reversible, so the options are endless..." — Jenny Gordy, Making Magazine
Price: $215 - $265
$200 + $20 - $65 Materials
In this two-day sewing boot camp (with lots of snacks & coffee breaks), Lydia Rhyne our resident garment sewing educator with over a decade of experience, will lead you through all the sewing basics, from sewing machine set-up, translating sewing patterns, to hemming. A bit of sewing experience is needed, and all machines and materials are provided. Go home sporting a beautiful & functional kimono style jacket complete with "I made this!" bragging rights.
- Fully reversible
- Lined with linen/cotton blend
- Sizable pockets
Level: Advanced Beginner
Some sewing experience is required
- Sewing machine anatomy and set-up
- Reading sewing patterns
- Taking measurements
- Selecting pattern size
- Cutting and marking patterns
- Pocket construction
- Installing facings
- Proper pressing
Wiksten Kimono Jacket (available at KH workshop)
- 3 yards of outer fabric. Medium weight woven fabric such as twill, light canvas/denim, cotton/linen blends.
- 3 yards lining fabric. Light to medium weight woven fabric such as chambray, cotton/linen blends, and quilting cotton.
- 2 1/2 yards lightweight fusible interfacing
- All Purpose polyester thread in color matching outer fabric.
Students may also choose to include the Wiksten Kimono Jacket Full Maker Kit (+ $70) or Partial Maker Kit (+$20 - bring your own fabric).
Full Kit: Wiksten Kimono Jacket pattern, 3 yards of lightweight canvas or denim outer fabric, 3 yards of Yarn Dyed Linen/cotton blend lining, 1.25 yds lightweight fusible interfacing, and coordinating thread.
Partial Kit: Wiksten Kimono Jacket pattern, 1.25 yds lightweight fusible interfacing