Classic tote boasting an inside zipper pocket and magnetic closure. Made by you bragging rights!
Learn to sew The Oberlin Market Tote Bag in this 4.5 hour sewing workshop. Not only will you go home with a tote that you made start-to-finish with your own two hands, you will also learn indispensable bag sewing techniques for handling heavy-weight fabric on a home sewing machine. This workshop comes with a pattern that will allow you to create this tote as many times as you wish!
Level 2 Sewing Class: Some prior sewing experience needed.
-Sewing with heavy-weight 8.25oz waxed canvas on a home machine
-Working with hardware
-Constructing an inside hanging pocket and french seams
-Attaching a magnetic snap
-Sewing through multiple layers of thick fabric
- Capacity. 11.5" H x 13" W x 5" D
- Quality Materials. Real leather straps attached with strong metal brads.
- Durable. Waxed canvas exterior fabric is a naturally water resistant material.
- Secure. Features magnetic snap closure
- Organized. Four external pockets & an internal zipper pocket.
- Rugged. Built to withstand being loaded down with a laptop & school books.
- Flat square base ideal for carrying books and groceries. Extra reinforced base layer.
- Beautifully Designed. Open top that’s easy to throw stuff in. Unique envelop base construction.
An Oberlin Tote Maker Kit is included in the price of class & has everything you need to make your beautiful bag!
Choose from Black, Gray, Burgundy, Olive, Navy, Slate Blue, and Field Tan.
You will have a chance to make fabric selections after you add the class to your cart. Leather & hardware choices will be made during class.
*Please Note: One of the allures of waxed canvas is its ability to show wear & use. With more use, more creases appear on the canvas, and all the marks start to blend.
Lucky you! Students get wholesale pricing on extra kits purchased in class- only $65! Continue building your skills by making another tote for a friend, because you know they'll want one;) Discount code given in class.