Level 1 Sewing Class: No prior sewing experience needed, but some is recommended
In this 3.5-hour class, students will complete a leather wallet while learning how to use an industrial walking-foot sewing machine to sew leather. We will be sewing leather, stamping, branding, and using the industrial snap press. Leave class with a handout listing all the tools you need to do your own leather projects at home, as well as a pattern for the wallet you make in class. You will also leave empowered to tackle your own leather goods projects.
- Newell Leather Wallet: Complete a vegetable tanned leather wallet with 3 card slots and cash pocket on the industrial walking-foot sewing machine. Attach a snap with the industrial snap press. Add an optional logo brand and/or stamped initials.
- How to operate and thread an industrial walking-foot sewing machine
- How to use an industrial snap press to add line 24 snaps to your projects
- Leather stamping
- How to use a leather brand (Klum House Logo)
- Step-by-step process of constructing a leather wallet
Maker Kits & Materials
- Included in price of class
- Includes Newell Leather Wallet Maker Kit
- Includes preparing (cutting & marking) all leather needed for the project in class
- Includes handout with patterns + instructions