Versatile + chic, the Maywood Totepack converts from tote to backpack seamlessly. Designed for around town adventures and rambling outdoors with "I made this!" bragging rights.
$120 + $75 Materials
Price of class includes issue #6 of By Hand, featuring the Maywood Pattern
Sewing Level: Beginner/Advanced Beginner
Some sewing experience is required.
Make this waxed canvas & leather totepack in one solid day of sewing & construction. Leave with a convertible tote bag/backpack that you made with your own two hands!
- Sewing zippers
- Attaching hardware & straps
- Sewing pockets
- Sewing liners
- Creating boxed corners
- Handling heavy-weight fabric
- Constructing a leather strap system that converts from tote bag to backpack
- Setting rivets & snaps
- Zipper closure at top
- 1 outside pocket & 1 inside pocket that fits up to a 15" laptop
- 10 oz waxed canvas exterior
- 12 oz natural canvas liner
- Real leather straps
- Metal snap closure on outside pocket
- Leather straps to convert from tote bag to backpack
- Metal Hardware & O-Rings