A durable everyday tote made with rugged waxed canvas and timeless leather straps featuring a unique envelope bottom. Made by you bragging rights!
This tote was designed with YOU in mind— It’s a completely beginner-friendly bag with an amazing pay-off. In just 3 hours, not only will you go home with a tote you made with your own two hands, you'll also learn indispensable bag sewing tips for handling heavy-weight fabric & learn how to attach leather handles!
Level 1 Sewing Class: No prior sewing experience needed.
- How to thread a sewing machine
- Sewing with heavyweight 8.25 oz waxed canvas on a home machine.
- Sewing an envelope base
- Attaching metal hardware
- Sewing through multiple layers of thick fabric
- Attaching a base layer for reinforcement.
- Capacity. Dimensions 11.5" H x 12.5" W x 5" D
- Quality Materials. Real leather straps attached with strong metal brads.
- Durable. Waxed canvas exterior fabric is a naturally water resistant material.
- Rugged. Built to withstand being loaded down with a laptop & school books.
- Flat square base ideal for carrying books and groceries. Extra reinforced base layer.
- Beautifully Designed. Open top that’s easy to throw stuff in. Unique envelop base construction.
Maker Kits & Materials
A Portsmith Tote Maker Kit is included in the price of class & has everything you need to make your beautiful bag!
Choose from Black, Gray, Burgundy, Olive, Navy, Slate Blue, and Field Tan.
You will have a chance to make fabric selections after you add the class to your cart. Leather & hardware choices will be made during class.
*Please Note: One of the allures of waxed canvas is it's ability to show wear & use. With more use, more creases appear in the canvas, and all the marks start to blend.
Lucky you! Students get wholesale pricing on extra kits purchased in class- only $45! Continue building your skills by making another tote for a friend, because you know they'll want one;) Discount code given in class.