Learn fun & easy techniques to create beautiful patterns with indigo!
This class will be held in the beautiful backyard of StuStuStudio Art Gallery at 1627 NE Alberta Ave
$70 + $20 Materials
Shibori is a Japanese technique of binding, stitching, and clamping fabric to create patterns when indigo dye is applied. No experience is necessary, just come ready to learn and get your hands dirty- or blue! Join Lydia of Brass Button DIY Events in this hands-on class where you will learn the basics of this unique method of dyeing fabric. You will walk out with a new empowering skill and 3 dyed tea towels.
Level: Absolute Beginner
No prior experience or exposure is required.
- How to make a simple strong dye bath using natural indigo
- Shibori resist techniques to create unique patterns with indigo or any other dye
- Overview of dyeable fabrics
- Examples of sewing applications for your dyed fabrics
- 3 100% cotton high quality four sack tea towels (Dimensions: 28" x 28")
- Feel free to bring 1 article made of 100% natural fibers to add to dye bath (Please do not bring sheets, duvet covers, and yardage exceeding 1 yard)
- Additional tea towels & napkins will be available during class for purchase ($5/each)