$150 + $100 Materials
Take your maker skills to the next level and create this gorgeous waxed canvas & leather roll-top backpack. Perfect for commuters with style who want a comfortable, long-lasting backpack for planes, trains, automobiles... plus buses and bikes!
Discover sewing secrets and up your maker game. Leave with a functional, stylish backpack that you made from start to finish with your own to hands!
Sewing experience is required.
- Sewing multiple layers of heavy duty fabric & leather
- Sewing leather on a home sewing machine
- Inserting a zipper pocket
- How to construct leather backpack straps with hardware attachment
- Inserting a liner
- Boxing corners
- Attaching leather with quick-set rivets
- Installing line 24 snaps with an industrial snap press
- Dimensions: 12" W x 17" H x 5" D
- Leather straps with cotton webbing for comfort
- Large exterior zipper pocket
- 2 external side cargo pockets to fit bottles
- Metal snap closure
- Materials: Waxed canvas, 12 oz natural canvas lining, metal hardware
- Reinforced bottom
Maker Kits & Materials
A Slabtown Backpack Maker Kit is included in the price of class & has everything you need to make your beautiful bag!
You will have a chance to make fabric selections after you add the class to your cart. Leather & hardware choices will be made during class.
*Please Note: One of the allures of waxed canvas is it's ability to show wear & use. With more use, more creases appear in the canvas, and all the marks start to blend.
Lucky you! Students get 50% off retail pricing on extra kits purchased in class- only $100! Continue building your skills by making another tote for a friend, because you know they'll want one;) Discount given in class.