Create a modern geometric artwork with reclaimed materials while learning about design concepts, tool safety and basic woodworking.
$65 + $30 Materials
In this three-hour basic woodworking class you'll create your very own wooden wall quilt from reclaimed boards. No woodworking experience? Get empowered with Sami Woolhiser, a maker with a specialty in digital fabriation and woodworking. She'll walk you through the fundamentals of working with wood and assist you in creating your own work of art. We'll fabricate modern geometric works of art that will elevate any space. You'll leave feeling confident and safe handling the tools utilized in this class.
Level: Absolute Beginner
Absolutely no woodworking experience required.
- Introduction to working with wood
- Proper tool handling and shop safety
- How to use a pneumatic nail gun
- Installing hanging hardware
- Basic 2d Design aesthetics
- Dimensions: 12” H x 12” W x 1” D
- Reclaimed materials. Use found and recycled wood to create your wall art.
- Rustic & Modern.
- Utilize upcycled wood elements to create a contemporary geometric artwork that will elevate any living space.