A durable everyday tote made with rugged waxed canvas and timeless leather straps featuring a unique envelope bottom. Made by you bragging rights!
No prior sewing experience needed.
Make a durable everyday tote with rugged waxed canvas and timeless leather straps. This beginner-friendly sewing workshop has an amazing pay-off. In just 3 hours, not only will you go home with a tote that you made, you'll also learn indispensable bag sewing tips for handling heavy-weight fabric & learn how to attach leather handles! All materials and instruction included.
- How to thread a sewing machine
- Sewing with heavyweight 8.25 oz waxed canvas on a home machine.
- Sewing an envelope base
- Attaching metal hardware
- Sewing through multiple layers of thick fabric
- Attaching a base layer for reinforcement.
- Capacity. Dimensions 11.5" H x 12.5" W x 5" D
- Quality Materials. Real leather straps attached with strong metal brads.
- Durable. Waxed canvas exterior fabric is a naturally water resistant material.
- Rugged. Built to withstand being loaded down with a laptop & school books.
- Flat square base ideal for carrying books and groceries. Extra reinforced base layer.
- Beautifully Designed. Open top that’s easy to throw stuff in. Unique envelop base construction.
A DESIGN CONFERENCE ABOUT THE PROCESS OF MAKING
This year we explore Experiments in Process.
Before there is ever success or failure, there are experiments.
FRIDAY, 13 OCTOBER / SATURDAY, 14 OCTOBER
WeMake Celebrates supports design-in-action with our third annual design conference on the process of making. Since 2011, we have showcased more than 600 makers and built a community to connect thousands of creative people. Along the way, we have awarded more than $50,000 through WeMake Celebrates to fund arts and music education.