Fremont Tote Maker Kit
Fremont Tote Maker Kit
Includes everything cut & ready for you to make!
Designed as a cross between a tool bag & a purse, The Fremont Tote, is your hardworking everyday waxed canvas tote with a durable and buttery metal zipper, lots of pockets, and strong leather handles secured with metal rivets.
Conveniently carry it by the handles or go hands-free & sling it across your body. The off-white 12 oz canvas lining enables you to see what’s in your bag with ease, while also providing structure to the bag. Light, durable, and secure, this tote is big enough to carry your everyday essentials without being too heavy or overbuilt.
—> Click the “MAKE THIS” button, then select your colors!
Style Your Colors
We cut & prep everything for your Fremont Maker Kit, ready to sew! Use this gallery to help you choose your colors. We’ve included some of our favorite color combos to help you out!
When you click to buy, you’ll be prompted to choose your colors.
Dimensions: 10.5" Tall x 11" wide (at bottom) x 5" deep
Two outside pockets & One inside pocket
8-10 oz waxed canvas exterior. —> Learn more about waxed canvas on our blog
12 oz natural canvas liner
Durable leather straps
Metal hardware & D-Ring for keys or bling!
Straps attached with leather washer reinforcement for strength
All fabric is cut out, marked, and ready to sew!
All exterior fabric is rugged 8 - 10 oz waxed canvas. We source only the best waxed canvas. In order to provide you with all the beautiful colors, we source from a few different mills. One of which is an original waxed canvas mill in Scotland.
—> Learn more about waxed canvas on our blog
All interior fabric is 12 oz off-white natural duck canvas
We source all our leather with comfort, durability, and style in mind. All leather is prepped & ready to attach to your bag. Leather straps are hole punched & round end punched, giving them a professional & finished look. All straps are 5-7 oz strapping leather.
- (2) Leather Handles: 14" x 3/4"
- (2) Leather O-Ring Tabs: 6" x 3/4"
- (1) Leather Cross-Body Strap: 45" x 1"
- (1) Leather Zipper Pull: 4 1/2” x 1/4”
- (9) Leather reinforcement washers: 5/8” diameter
Available in Black, Brown, and Tan.
*Please note that the veg tan leather will soften & naturally patina over time. At first it is stiffer & light colored.
*Each leather hide is unique, so please expect variations in texture & color.
HARDWARE + NOTIONS
We source all our hardware with comfort, durability, and style in mind.
Metal hardware is available in Brass, Antique Brass, and Black.
*We’ve tirelessly researched the best quality hardware out there! Sometimes the finishes will vary, because the hardware is sourced from various places.
- (12) Medium Metal Rivets: 10 + 2 extra!
- (2) O-Rings: 1"
- (2) Chicago Screws: 1/4"
- (1) D-Ring: 3/4"
- (1) 14" Brass Zipper (non-separating): Choose from Black, Brush Brown, Marigold, Berry, Navy, Gray, Moss, Burgundy
- (2) Small Metal Rivets (To attach leather zipper pull & pocket reinforcement)
- (1) Sew-in ‘I MADE THIS!’ label
INSTRUCTIONS + TUTORIALS
- Step-by-step fully illustrated instruction booklet
- Access to Full digital pattern: PDF pattern & print-at-home tiled version of pattern, as well as full-size digital pattern
- Access to password protected pattern resource page
Video tutorials to help you understand & learn the more challenging skills in the pattern
For punching holes in fabric (choose one below):
- Technique 1: Drive Punch Size #1 (3/32”), cutting board, and mallet
- Technique 2: Rotary Leather Punch
For setting rivets (choose one below):
- Technique 1: Hammer & hard surface —OR— Rivet Setter, hard surface, and mallet
*suggested hard surfaces are metal anvil, stone, or concrete
- Technique 2: Industrial Hand Press fitted with the correct dies
For bag sewing: Edge-stitch presser foot